Tuesday, February 23, 2010

In the Beginning . . .

After spending some time 'lurking' around the blogosphere, I decided that it is time to move out of the shadows a bit.  The first step was to begin leaving comments on some of the blogs that I follow on a regular basis and now, the second step . . .  

Begin a 'pagan' blog of my own . . .

At the moment I am playing around with the layout and have no idea how it will develop -- but I quite like where it is heading at the moment.  Like the layout, I am going to allow the content of this blog to develop organically -- so it will be interesting to see how things grow. Now, a word or two about the title, subtitle, and me . . .

I have been drawn to both the moon and wolves for as long as I can remember, but it was only a few years ago that I was given the name Moonwolf.  I had struggled for years to learn my spirit name and when I finally heard it I felt that I had found a lost part of myself.  While I feel that the name truly embodies me, it was given to me by a person who knew little about me or my spiritual path at the time -- further convincing me (as if that was necessary) that this was an accurate naming.

When choosing a title for this blog, it was important to me that it have some relationship to both my spirit name and the potential content of the posts.  It took very little time for Howling at the Moon to come to mind.  Communication, spirituality, and daily experiences/thoughts are the preliminary foci of things right now -- so mundane musings with a spiritual bent.  My spiritual path, when taken as a whole, can only be described as eclectic, but for decades I have been comfortable with the term 'Witch' (in the broadest sense of the word).  Domestic Witch, Eclectic Pagan, HedgeWitch -- these, among others, are all labels that I would be comfortable with and have used at various points.


Well, not much of an introduction -- but as time goes on, I will reveal much about myself.  


So, until later . . .  


3 comments:

Marie S said...

Yay darling!!! This is beautiful and I get to be your first!
Congratulations and welcome to the web.
Thank you so much Moonwolf(S). I am so grateful for the love and support.
I would love to be able to create a different reality for myself.

I love this, word verification is "idisect"

Me said...

Welcome to blogland :)

Suzie said...

Merry Meet!! I LOVE what you are doing with the place! Isn't it fun to have a blank slate that you can let grow as it sees fit?

I too love the wolf. I have my whole life, long before I ever found out that it is one of my Animal Spirit Guides. That news didn't suprise me, but did delight and comfort me.

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate your thoughts, and agree with you completely.

I find it sad though that you missed that special moment with your Grandmother. I'm sure that it is comforting to know now, and I'm also sure that she knows that you are aware of what happened, but the moment that it is happening is SO magical, I hate for anyone to miss it.

But I'm happy that your post led me to your blog! I like what I've read, and will be returning as you continue to share your part of life. I not only linked your blog to my main blog, but my Halloween one as well! lol

Blessings,
Suzie