Friday, March 12, 2010

OMG! I'd like to thank my 6th grade teacher . . .

Here it is, only two weeks into my blog and I already have 10 Google followers, lovely comments, and . . . wait for it . . .

AN AWARD!!  ::sniff::  I am overwhelmed!

Okay, enough of the dramatics (though it is pretty cool).  Thanks so much to both Wiz over at Go out Beneath the Naked Night and Witch by Nature at Antics of a Tamaran Witch.  Now I get to share seven of my favorite things and then pass the award on to 15 bloggers.  That is going to be tough, I have read so many great blogs.  My one criteria is going to be to try to stick to people who have not yet been honored.

But first, I have to figure out how to get the blasted award thingy on my blog!



WhoooHooo!  Well, that only took about six attempts before I picked the right one -- but I succeeded.  Oh, and here are the 'official' rules for the award:

1. Thank the person who gave you this award. 
2. Share 7 things about yourself. 
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic! 
4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.

So, now I guess it is time to get a little personal (as if discussing stones in my bra is not personal :P).

#1     The moon!  Yes, I am sure that you are all surprised.  I have always felt her pull and frequently can be found sitting in the back garden at night gazing skyward (even in the winter).

#2     Wolves!  Hmmm, is anyone sensing a pattern here?  But seriously, I have always found the Wolf to be a beautiful and noble animal.  Wolf is one of my spirit animals and she (yes, she) came to me long before any of the others.

#3     Gardening!  I absolutely LOVE to get my hands dirty.  I hardly ever wear gloves because they get between me, the earth, and her bounty.  I am itching to get out in the garden -- but it is still too early where I am for planting.

#4     Curling up by the fire with a good book on a cold day or a stormy night.  There is something about being cozy warm while the weather is doing its worst outside that makes any book more enjoyable.

#5     The contented sound of my beloved dog snoring.  She has such a dainty little snore!  It means that she has had a good day's work (she is a Service Dog) and is really relaxing.  Oh, and then there is when she is having a happy dream and wags her tail in her sleep . . . is that two things?  Naw, I'll count it as one.

#6     Candles.  I just love the light that they give off.  I actually prefer it to most electric sources of light.  Maybe I was born in the wrong  century . . .

#7     Crafty stuff . . . particularly crocheting.  I find it both relaxing and productive -- a great way to pass a little time and not feel like I'm lounging around like a lump.

Well, now for the really hard part -- can I just say ALL OF YOU?  No?  Well, it was worth a try.

First, a shout out to Marie at Art from my Heart.  She is going through a bit of a tough time at the moment so stop by and brighten her day (and take a look at her AWSOME Goddesses/Angels.

Second, Momma Kelly and Lady Rose over at 2 Witches Blog.  Your candor is refreshing -- I am praying to the computer gods for you!

Third, Bogaman who writes the amazing, masculine Bogaman's Blog.  (Ego and all -- LOVED that post, btw)

Fourth, Bridgett at Peek-a-Boo.  I just love the new name and look!

Fifth, Diane at Good Mourning Glory!  I just couldn't stop laughing at Barbie's peeing puppy!  You made my day!

Sixth, Bella at Memoirs of a Crazy Witch.  How do you manage to come up with so many signature buttons!

Seventh,  Mary over at Moontides.  You always get me thinking, thanks!

Eighth, Mother Moon.  Great messages that are very reflective.

Ninth,  Ryan over at Old Man Sutton.  Another lovely male voice in Blogland.  The pictures from the Natural Wildlife Reserve were gorgeous.

Tenth, Halloween Spirit over at Black and Orange.  If you love Halloween this is the place to go!

Eleventh, Magaly at Pagan Culture.  Your posts usually leave me feeling very light at heart, even on my more stressful days.

Twelfth, Tammi Lee at Spirithelpers.  Full of photos that truly rate a Beautiful Blogger Award

Thirteenth, Jessica over at The Magical Mundane.  I hope you are digging yourself out of all that snow!

Fourteenth, Lyon at The Wandering Hearth.  Though she is taking a little hiatus at the moment . . . sort of.

And finally . . .

Fifteenth!  Anastasia . . . Deep Inside My Broom Closet.  I just adore your topics.

Whew -- of course, there are some that are not on this list but I love you anyway!  ::kiss::

Now I must be off to spread the joy!




12 comments:

suzanne said...

Thank you so much for the award :)

I was wondering why I had never encountered your blog before and then I realized, you're new! Welcome.

Love the layout and colours and looking forward to reading more :D

mxtodis123 said...

Thank you so much for the award. Your blog is looking great. I love the heading.
Mary

Tammie Lee said...

Hello Moonwolf,
It was fun reading your post and learning more about you. And you surely do have a beautiful blog! Welcome to blogland. May your experience be rich and rewarding.

Thank you for this award. You have inspired a smile in my morning and touched my heart. I wish there was a way to email you... i no longer do awards, this is why it appears I have not been honored. There is a blip about it on my side column. Still I thank you! Wishing you a wondrous weekend with clear skies to see the moon.

Mother Moon said...

thanks so much for thinking of me.... congrats on your award as well

yellowdoggranny said...

congratulations on your award...I came by to thank you for commenting on my anniversary blog..will blog roll you and stop by..thanks again..
oh, and you should check out
http://godsrbored.blogspot.com/
you will love her..ydg

Anonymous said...

Thanks for using one of my blog layouts... Have a great evening

Marie S said...

Thank you so much for this award and congratulations on it being your first award. You are off to an awesome start with this wonderful blog and I have enjoyed reading every bit of it!
Well done you.

Diane said...

thank you!!!!!! well, you made my day right back!

congrats to you and to all your other recipients too!!

hope you're having a terrific weekend!

Bogaman said...

Thanks very much. I've been gone recently, but will get something up soon. I like your blog. X.

Magaly Guerrero said...

Congrats on the nomination and thanks for sharing the wealth! I truly appreciate it. I have to confess that I couldn't not find the message, where you nominated me, so I went through all my messages today, until I finally got to it. It made me feel so great, for I had been heavy hearted with the burden of having forgotten.

I have raved about my award. Thanks again!

And I LOVE your blog background and banner!

Something else, and absolutely random, I think you'd enjoy "Blood-Burning Moon" a short story by Jean Toomer.

Bridgett said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

From the bottom of my heart. It's so sweet that you recognized me in this way.

Luff you!

Jessica - Magical Mundane said...

Thanks so much! And yep, finally no more snow! Now if it would just warm up a smidgen more. We keep dipping into the 30's at night.